Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back From The Dead With an Easy Baked Egg Breakfast!

Pin It
Baked Eggs with Feta
Over Roasted Tomatoes




HOLA MI AMIGO'S!!!! I am back and Peace Love & Yumminess is up and running with lots of recipes to share!!!
Now, I know all of you were anxiously checking everyday if I had a new post, sorry for all the nail biting but you need not worry anymore! I am back from trekking the Amazon Forest and sailing through the Caribbean.

Hahaha if only both those statements were true :). I have been M.I.A for several reasons, mainly being out of a computer. I have however been cooking and baking quite a bit and have lots of recipes to catch you guys up on. So why not start with a recipe for the most important meal of the day, breakfast!

This was a pinterest recipe I literally made the morning I found it. It is super easy and quite healthy. I thought it was a great change than the normal morning egg, with layers of delicious flavor.

You will need ramekins for this recipe, although I'm sure you could just make this in casserole form as well. But, that just not as fun as having your own little dish.

When I made this, it was only me eating however I made two dishes. Not sure why, but I did. I enjoyed this dish so much I almost went right back for the second. I stepped back and regained my self control and saved it for lunch with a side salad. To reheat it, I just popped it right back in the oven to warm it up. The egg did cook a little more but still tasted amazing.

The recipe is also in single serving portions, just apply the recipe per ramekin.

Enjoy<3!
& Glad to be back!


Oven Bakes Eggs with Feta
over roasted tomatoes

Ingredients
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/2 tsp olive oil
  • Handful of grape tomatoes sliced
  • 1/4 tsp basil, dried
  • Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 2 eggs (I used one because my ramekins are quite small)
  • 1 tsp milk
  • 1 tsp feta cheese ( I used tomato basil feta to amp up the flavor!)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray  a small ramekin with cooking spray.
  2. Toss the sliced tomatoes with the olive oil, basil, crushed red pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper.
  3. Pour into each ramekin then place the dishes on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
  4. Remove from the oven then crack the eggs into the dish, then add the milk, feta cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
  5. Return to the oven and cook for 13-15 minutes or until the whites set but the yolks are still soft. Remove from the oven and serve with some whole grain toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment