Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cinnamon Blueberry Cake with streusel topping & vanilla glaze

Pin It


Omg doesn't that just sound mouth watering?! Well its blueberry season and since I  live in the blueberry capitol of the world I've been eating them by the bucket, literally. I attempted to make these blueberry crumble bars the other day but went WAAYYYYYY overboard on the blueberry mixture and so instead I got an interesting take on a blueberry buckle with a thin crust on the bottom. It was actually soooooo delicious because I added lemon zest and juice to the berry mix mmmmm.

 Ok anyways, I still have a ton of berries left so i decided to make blueberry muffins to bring into work tomorrow. But like I said before I NEVER have everything I need and I was out of the cupcake/muffin liners. 

So I decided to make a cake instead. And it was a success! 

 This is seriously a scrumptious cake! Its light and sweet with a ton of blueberries. The crumble topping is slightly crunchy but still super smooth and sweet. And then that glaze mmmmm. Just goes perfect with the streusel on top! You know your wishing you could have this cake! 
p.s. I added quite a bit of cinnamon because I can never have enough so feel free to use less, but who would do that?!


If you can't come visit me for a piece lol, here is what ya need:

Cinnamon Blueberry Cake with streusel topping & vanilla glaze


2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup  butter, soften
3/4 cup milk
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon1 egg

2 cups fresh blueberries (frozen might work just make sure they are thawed and dry)
    I also toss the blueberries in a little cinnamon before adding to the batterCrumb Topping
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/3 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
    Sprinkle of cinnamon

Mix all ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
Glaze - recipe follows

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 9-inch round pan or 9-inch square pan.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
Add milk, egg, and softened butter and mix with a large spoon until well incorporated.
Carefully stir in berries.

Spread batter in 9-inch pan. Sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle with Glaze. Pour a giant glass of milk and try not to eat the whole thing! 

Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 teaspoons milk
   -Mix until sugar is dissolved. Add more sugar or milk as you go if its too thin or too thick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment