Nutella Pizzelle Sandwich Cookies
|look amazing right?!|
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional, will only enhance chocolate flavor)
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
1) Beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, espresso powder, and salt till smooth.
2) Add the cocoa and baking powder, beating till smooth.
3) Add the flour, mixing till well combined. Add the melted butter, again mixing till well combined.
4) Bake pizzelle according to your pizzelle iron instructions.
I used a tablespoon full and scrapped it onto pizzelle iron with another spoon.
1/2 cup nutella
1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
(both these amounts can be adjusted to your liking)
1)Mix both ingredients until combined.
1) Once cookies have cooled spread thin (or thick lol) layer over on side of the cookie.
2) Top with another cookie, gently pressing down.
3) Continue until all are assembled.
4) Try not to eat them all.
5) Don't tell your friends you made them, more for you :) lol