Creamy Parmesan Risotto with Chorizo and Asparagus
I hope you enjoy! Check back soon for my red velvet cupcakes! :)
- 1 box Lundburg's Creamy Parmesan Risotto
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Splash of white wine, or chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 2 chorizo sausage links, removed from casing and chopped finely
- 6-8 asparagus stalks, bottoms removed
- In a medium pot, or large saucepan pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium-high. Add the chopped chorizo and saute until nice and brown.
- Remove and let sit on plate with a paper towel.
- In the same pot, add a splash of white wine and scrape the bottom of the pan to lift all of the flavor.
- Mix the flavor packet with 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Add 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil and pour the packet of rice into the pot.
- Saute for a minute or two, tossing it in the olive oil and allowing it to pick up the chorizo flavor.
- Pour the water and seasoning mixture into the pot stirring the rice.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While simmering the rice, set asparagus in a microwave safe dish with a splash of water and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, less or more depending on size of asparagus. Let sit for a 1 minute and remove plastic wrap and set on paper towel.
- Once cool chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Once rice has absorbed most of the liquid, around 20 minutes, stir in chorizo and asparagus and remove from heat.
Try not to eat the whole thing yourself. It's that good!