Hello Hello! How is everyone?! Yet again it has been a while since my last post. But so much has been coming up these past few months. Between settling into my new place, new job, new dog. Yes, I got a new dog!
I adopted a rescue dog who is just the sweetest. He so smart and handsome. I'm already a proud mama!
Anyways, I have been eating out very often lately and needed a break and really wanted to recreate this meal I had recently that I thought was amazing! It was a nice change to the normal menu options, light, fresh, and simple but full of flavor.
It was a panko crusted chicken breast over an arugula salad with roasted red peppers. It had a tangy citrus dressing which tied all the ingredients together just perfect. Of course it was a pretty good size portion and I had to stop myself from eating the whole thing, although I easily could have. But I saved a little and enjoyed it for lunch the next day :).
Since I was so impressed with the dish, I decided to have a go at trying this and made it at home last night. I used chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts. I also added some spice to the chicken and baked them in the oven, rather than frying.
This was the "hardest" part. The salad can easily be tossed together once the chicken is done cooling. I say this because I prefer to top the salad with room temperature chicken instead of hot/warm chicken which will wilt the salad.
I hope you are all enjoying the beginning of spring and the extra bit of daylight we have.
Now, go make this for dinner, or even lunch, it's delish!
Spicy Panko Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup milk
- 2 -3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine milk and Tabasco sauce in large bowl, and add the chicken. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, allowing the chicken to marinate and tenderize.
- Combine breadcrumbs and seasonings in another large bowl, or large shallow dish.
- Coat chicken on both sides with breadcrumb mixture and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Top with extra breadcrumbs, and bake 30-40 minutes, until the chicken is firm, lightly browned, and has an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Set aside while making salad.
Mixed Greens Salad
- 1 bag of spring mix, arugula, or lettuce of your liking.
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers (your preference)
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8-tsp. fresh ground pepper
- Combine the olive oil, garlic and lemon juice.
- Slowly add the olive oil whisking vigorously.
- Add the salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Toss the mixed greens with the vinaigrette, and the roasted red peppers.