Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Squash & Fetta Fritters

Pin It
Squash & Feta Fritters

Hello hello! This post is going to be short and sweet just like this amazing recipe.

I had some left over yellow squash and could not think of what to do with it. I tend to saute it and add it into pasta, rice, or couscous. But I wanted to think outside the box.

So I went to straight to the all knowing  and did my research. I googled it. I typed in yellow squash recipes and found a few recipes that used them to make pancakes, latkes, fritters, patties, whatever you want to call them. I think they sound more appetizing when they are called fritters. Wouldn't you be more intrigued by a fritter as opposed to a patty? I think so.


Well these fritters are light and healthy and go great with a yogurt dipping sauce, over lettuce, or just as they are. I dove right in and ate about 3 just on their own. DELISH!


Great for a snack or with a meal and they literally take no time at all. Go ahead and maybe add some zucchini and carrots too if you want some more veggies. You can change up the cheese as well, but I think the feta is perfect. I also thought maybe using panko breadcrumbs might be good too, to make it have a nice crisp texture.

Anyways, enjoy! :)


Squash and Feta Fritters
Makes 6-8 Fritters

Ingredients
  •  2 small- medium yellow squash (or zucchini)
  • 3/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup feta cheese
  • Zest & Juice of one Lemon
  • 1 egg 
Directions
  1. Grate zucchini into a bowl and squeeze out  the liquid with a strong paper towel or clean dish towel.
  2. Add bread crumbs, feta and lemon zest and egg and mix well.
  3. Make sure mixture is not too wet. If it is, add more bread crumbs. If it is too dry add another egg. Form patties and pan fry on medium until golden with 1 tbsp of olive oil or cooking spray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment