Sunday, July 10, 2011

So Good! So Good!

Pin It
Butter Cocoa Bars
with chocolate sauce and salted caramel topping

So I woke up this morning determined to work out and kick start my daily running routine but I got distracted and side tracked.....by food of course!
 I don't how or why, but I was thinking of this amazing fudge I had while traveling around California last fall. I really have no idea  where this thought came from but I'm not complaining. It was this dark chocolate salted caramel fudge from Sonomoa Cheese Factory. They have AMAZING goodies in their downtown Sonoma store. Check them out here.
  First off, let me warn you. I was wine tasting all morning when I arrived here. I'm guessing this was the reason behind why I thought it was ok to buy a massive hunk of this fudge and not share it, or even save some for later. But regardless I will never forget how HEAVENLY this fudge was. It was the only fudge I sampled (and they had quite the variety). I didn't even consider trying another. This one called out to my wine drunk stomach  and we made a pact that I would be devoted to only that fudge.
HAHA anyways. This is what I came up with based on the ingredients I had. I wish I made the bottom less buttery and more chocolatey but still yummy. And I think next time I'm going to skip adding powder sugar into the topping and leave it more of just plain old brown sugar caramel. sauce rather than a frosting. But regardless it was still yummy!

Butter Cocoa Bars

Ingreidents
  •  2/3 C butter
  • 4 squares semisweet chocolate ( 1 oz ea.)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 C sugar
  • 1 1/2 C flour
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Melt butter and chocolate together, cool for 10 min. Double boiler system or microwave safe dish at 30 second intervals.
  3. In bowl beat eggs and salt until foamy.
  4. Gradually add sugar and mix well. 
  5. Stir in chocolate mixture.
  6. Combine flour and baking powder and gradually add into chocolate mixture.
  7. Pour into greased 13x9 pan. 
  8. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Salted Caramel Frosting

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter
  • 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 cup Whole Milk.
  • 2 cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
  • Sea Salt, for topping
Directions 
  1.  In a sauce pot, combine butter and brown sugar and turn heat to medium heat until comes to a slow boil.
  2. Add milk and bring back to boil.
  3. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar. Use a wooden spoon to stir until powdered sugar is fully combined and mixture is creamy. If the mixture has some clumps, then strain before using.
  4. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before pouring (all) of the mixture on top of the brownies. Sprinkle immediately with sea salt or kosher salt. Let set up, around 10 minutes, before cutting into squares

No comments:

Post a Comment