Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever

Pin It
Strawberry Sugar Cookies


Sweet summer time!
I love summer and I love the wonderful and colorful food we get this time of year. I just picked up some fresh strawberries from a local farm and thought hmm what can I make with these???? There's always the typical strawberry shortcake but I wanted to make something different that you normally don't see but also wanted it to be super easy. I was leaning towards some kind of muffin but really didn't feel like dealing with that process (i was being lazy what can I say). So cookies it will be! These are actually sooooooooo incredibly simple and fast! Its a basic sugar cookie recipe and I added some diced on strawberries at the end.

I planned on making a simple powdered sugar glaze to drizzle on top, however these are great just the way they are. They are simple and light with a bit of extra sweetness from the strawberries. But if you have a super strong sweet tooth go ahead and just mix some powdered sugar milk and a tad vanilla until its a thing but sturdy consistency and drizzle over cooled cookies. I also thought about sprinkling some brown sugar on top before baking as well. I'm sure that would be great too! 

These took a watchful eye to bake. It was most likely due to me adding an extra amount of strawberries just because I wanted to go overboard lol. The moisture from the extra strawberries added in kept them from baking as fast. So just follow the recipe and you should not have this problem. 

Anyways these cookies are simply delicious and perfectly sweet....perfect for summer! 





Super Simple Strawberry Sugar Cookies
3/4 cup butter (room temp)             
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup fresh diced strawberries

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream butter, vanilla, and sugar for 3 min.
3. Add eggs one at a time, then add flour and salt.
4. Fold in berries then give them a quick mix on high speed with mixer to incorporate a bit more.
5. Bake for 8-11 minutes (varies depending on how wet strawberries are.
6. Let cool and glaze and/or enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment