Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thank goodness for giving thanks!

Pin It
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
w/ cinnamon glaze



Well hello! Long time no blog! So much going on in life right now, but I am back today with a GREAT recipe just in time for tomorrow's day of thanks! One last Pumpkin recipe before we are all on pumpkin overload.

Since it is Thanksgiving I would just like make a list of just some of the things I am thankful for:

  • First and foremost, THE MOST AMAZING LITTLE BOOGER IN THE WORLD, my niece Kayleigh!
  • My AMAZING friends! 

 


  • Cupcakes!


  • CAFFEINE!



  • The opportunities I've had to travel the world!
  • Art. Painting, like baking and cooking, is therapy to me.
  • & Wonderful organizations that truly do make a difference, whether big or small. It's good to know there are people out there whose passion is to better the life of someone else.


  • I could keep listing all the things I am thankful for but I don't want to get too carried away :). I have this great recipe to share with you. You will love it so much that you might add it to your list of what you are thankful for!

    Its the perfect change up from your typical Thanksgiving desserts. It is almost a blend of them all into one great cake. You have the flavors of the most popular Turkey Day Pies! Pumpkin, chocolate, and cinnamon & spice (from an apple pie). This is also a pretty big cake so there is PLENTY to share and leftover for getting all sugared up for BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!!!

    I haven't decided if I am going yet or not. My family and I decided to just get one gift for one other person this year since most of us children are battling student loan debt (blah!), so I really have no need to join crazies and go shopping, but wouldn't mind taking part in the madness. We'll see :).

    Anyway I hope you all have a WONDERFUL and sweet Thanksgiving with those you love and take a moment to realize how lucky you are and to focus on whats good (&great) in the world!

    *I am also SO VERY THANKFUL that you take time to read my blog, it means so much to me. Thank you!<3*

    MMMM SOOO GOOD! It's not too sweet or heavy, just perfect!
    
    Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake
    with cinnamon glaze
    Adapted from Eating Well Magazine

    Ingredients for the Cake:
    • 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 cup granulated sugar
    • ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 1½ teaspoons baking powder
    • 1½ teaspoons baking soda
    • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
    • 1/8 teaspoon allspice
    • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
    • ¼ teaspoon salt
    • 1 cup buttermilk (or you can sub in 1 cup of milk whisked with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, this is what I did)
    • 15-oz can of  pumpkin puree
    • ¾-cup light brown sugar, packed
    • 1 large egg, room temp
    • 1 egg white, room temp
    • ¼ cup canola oil, I used veg oil because it's what I had.
    • ¼ cup honey
    • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
    Ingredients for the Glaze:
    • 2/3-cup confectioner’s sugar
    • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
    • 1½ tablespoons milk
    Directions
    1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
    2. Sift the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in a medium bowl.
    3. In separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, pumpkin puree and brown sugar.
    4. Add in the eggs one at a time.
    5. Stir in the oil, honey and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
    6. Bake the cake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached- about 1 hour. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely on the rack, about 1 hour.

    Glaze: Beat the confectioner’s sugar, milk and cinnamon with an electric mixer until completely smooth. Once the cake is cool, place it on a serving plate and drizzle the glaze over top. Slice and serve.
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment