Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
w/ cinnamon glaze
Well hello! Long time no blog! So much going on in life right now, but I am back today with a GREAT recipe just in time for tomorrow's day of thanks! One last Pumpkin recipe before we are all on pumpkin overload.
Since it is Thanksgiving I would just like make a list of just some of the things I am thankful for:
- First and foremost, THE MOST AMAZING LITTLE BOOGER IN THE WORLD, my niece Kayleigh!
- My AMAZING friends!
|MMMM SOOO GOOD! It's not too sweet or heavy, just perfect!|
Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake
with cinnamon glaze
Adapted from Eating Well Magazine
Ingredients for the Cake:
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (or you can sub in 1 cup of milk whisked with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, this is what I did)
- 15-oz can of pumpkin puree
- ¾-cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 egg white, room temp
- ¼ cup canola oil, I used veg oil because it's what I had.
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Glaze:
- 2/3-cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in a medium bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, pumpkin puree and brown sugar.
- Add in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the oil, honey and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached- about 1 hour. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely on the rack, about 1 hour.
Glaze: Beat the confectioner’s sugar, milk and cinnamon with an electric mixer until completely smooth. Once the cake is cool, place it on a serving plate and drizzle the glaze over top. Slice and serve.