But this past Saturday I spent with some close friends and Incubus! It was a great show and perfect weather for lawn seats! I had such a wonderful time, I even went ahead and got one of those WAY overpriced frozen drinks int he big plastic cups I said I'd never buy. Well now I can just check that off the list because it was a 16 dollar completely flavorless drink. But hey we had fun racing our way through it, bracing the brain freeze the whole way :)
Anyways....I have been on an Italian kick ever since I got bac
|we were too far for a pic of the band so we took one of ourselves|
k from that glorious and delicious country. Who doesn't love Italian food right? But I have always just preferred other cuisines a little more and ate Italian much less than other foods. But lately I have just been loving pasta and cant eat enough pizza, or drink enough Italian red wine....mmmmm! So while I was driving around for work today I was contemplating what to eat for dinner and REALLY wanted pasta.
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
2-3 heads of broccoli
1 teaspoon dried parsley, prefer fresh if you have it (if using fresh, wait to add until the end)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
*or whichever herbs you prefer*
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Cut chicken into even cubes, toss with flour, salt, and pepper.
- Coat large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Place cubed chicken in skillet and saute for about 3-4 minutes, until browned.
- Add the chicken broth, wine, and herbs.
- When adding the herbs, pour into palms and rub hands together when pouring it. It will help realize the flavor/
- Cover and let simmer, for about 10-15 minutes.
- While waiting prepare pasta and broccoli.
- I usually just cut the broccoli crowns off and place in microwaveable bowl. Add a few splashes of water and cover with paper towel, or microwaveable plate. Microwave for about 2-3minutes depending on how much broccoli you used. Used dish towel or oven mitts to remove from microwave, its HOT, but broccoli comes out perfect every time, and super simple!
- Once sauce has reduced and chicken has cooked through (about 10-15minutes) Toss with pasta, broccoli, and cheese.
- Pour left over wine into glasses, and enjoy!