Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mambo Italiano

Pin It
Chicken & Pasta
w/garlic white wine sauce 


Hey hey! It's been a few days since I have posted anything. I had a lot going on. Nothing of too much importance just some work, work, and work. YAY!
But this past Saturday I spent with some close friends and Incubus! It was a great show and perfect weather for lawn seats! I had such a wonderful time, I even went ahead and got one of those WAY overpriced frozen drinks int he big plastic cups I said I'd never buy. Well now I can just check that off the list because it was a 16 dollar completely flavorless drink. But hey we had fun racing our way through it, bracing the brain freeze the whole way :)
we were too far for a pic of the band so we took one of ourselves
 Anyways....I have been on an Italian kick ever since I got bac
k from that glorious and delicious country. Who doesn't love Italian food right? But I have always just preferred other cuisines a little more and ate Italian much less than other foods. But lately I have just been loving pasta and cant eat enough pizza, or drink enough Italian red wine....mmmmm! So while I was driving around for work today I was contemplating what to eat for dinner and REALLY wanted pasta.  
I have some left over white wine, which I don't drink often so I thought what better way to use up than to cook with it. This calls for just a few things.  Just some chicken breast, garlic, chicken, broth, wine, olive oil, broccoli, and some parmesan. Make yourself a nice side salad and pour a glass of wine from the wine you cooked with and you're all set for quite a lovely date. No date?! No Problem?! Just add more wine to glass and I'm sure your lonely dinner date wont seem so lonely :).

 All kidding aside, it really is a delicious dish and great if you are just cooking for yourself or a large crowd. You just adjust the recipe easily depending on how much you need. I really wanted to make some cannoli cupcake poppers to go with these for desert but didn't get around to it. But I am making them asap and recipe will follow, mmm can't wait! :)

 



Chicken and Pasta

mmmmm cheese!

w/garlic white wine sauce
Serves 4, or 1 or 2 REALLY hungry people :)

 
4oz pasta (whichever you prefer, I used organic whole wheat spagetti)   
4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
2 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
2-3 heads of broccoli
1 teaspoon dried parsley, prefer fresh if you have it (if using fresh, wait to add until the end)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
     *or whichever herbs you prefer*
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
  • Cut chicken into even cubes, toss with flour, salt, and pepper.
  • Coat large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat.
  • Add the garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
  • Place cubed chicken in skillet and saute for about 3-4 minutes, until browned.
  • Add the chicken broth, wine, and herbs.
    •  When adding the herbs, pour into palms and rub hands together when pouring it. It will help realize the flavor/
  • Cover and let simmer, for about 10-15 minutes.
  • While waiting prepare pasta and broccoli.
    •  I usually just cut the broccoli crowns off and place in microwaveable bowl. Add a few splashes of water and cover with paper towel, or microwaveable plate. Microwave for about 2-3minutes depending on how much broccoli you used. Used dish towel or oven mitts to remove from microwave, its HOT,  but broccoli comes out perfect every time, and super simple!
  • Once sauce has reduced and chicken has cooked through (about 10-15minutes) Toss with pasta, broccoli, and cheese.
  • Pour left over wine into glasses, and enjoy!

 Bon Apetito!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment