Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mambo Italiano

Pin It
Chicken & Pasta
w/garlic white wine sauce 


Hey hey! It's been a few days since I have posted anything. I had a lot going on. Nothing of too much importance just some work, work, and work. YAY!
But this past Saturday I spent with some close friends and Incubus! It was a great show and perfect weather for lawn seats! I had such a wonderful time, I even went ahead and got one of those WAY overpriced frozen drinks int he big plastic cups I said I'd never buy. Well now I can just check that off the list because it was a 16 dollar completely flavorless drink. But hey we had fun racing our way through it, bracing the brain freeze the whole way :)
we were too far for a pic of the band so we took one of ourselves
 Anyways....I have been on an Italian kick ever since I got bac
k from that glorious and delicious country. Who doesn't love Italian food right? But I have always just preferred other cuisines a little more and ate Italian much less than other foods. But lately I have just been loving pasta and cant eat enough pizza, or drink enough Italian red wine....mmmmm! So while I was driving around for work today I was contemplating what to eat for dinner and REALLY wanted pasta.  
I have some left over white wine, which I don't drink often so I thought what better way to use up than to cook with it. This calls for just a few things.  Just some chicken breast, garlic, chicken, broth, wine, olive oil, broccoli, and some parmesan. Make yourself a nice side salad and pour a glass of wine from the wine you cooked with and you're all set for quite a lovely date. No date?! No Problem?! Just add more wine to glass and I'm sure your lonely dinner date wont seem so lonely :).

 All kidding aside, it really is a delicious dish and great if you are just cooking for yourself or a large crowd. You just adjust the recipe easily depending on how much you need. I really wanted to make some cannoli cupcake poppers to go with these for desert but didn't get around to it. But I am making them asap and recipe will follow, mmm can't wait! :)

 



Chicken and Pasta

mmmmm cheese!

w/garlic white wine sauce
Serves 4, or 1 or 2 REALLY hungry people :)

 
4oz pasta (whichever you prefer, I used organic whole wheat spagetti)   
4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
2 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
2-3 heads of broccoli
1 teaspoon dried parsley, prefer fresh if you have it (if using fresh, wait to add until the end)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
     *or whichever herbs you prefer*
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
  • Cut chicken into even cubes, toss with flour, salt, and pepper.
  • Coat large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat.
  • Add the garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
  • Place cubed chicken in skillet and saute for about 3-4 minutes, until browned.
  • Add the chicken broth, wine, and herbs.
    •  When adding the herbs, pour into palms and rub hands together when pouring it. It will help realize the flavor/
  • Cover and let simmer, for about 10-15 minutes.
  • While waiting prepare pasta and broccoli.
    •  I usually just cut the broccoli crowns off and place in microwaveable bowl. Add a few splashes of water and cover with paper towel, or microwaveable plate. Microwave for about 2-3minutes depending on how much broccoli you used. Used dish towel or oven mitts to remove from microwave, its HOT,  but broccoli comes out perfect every time, and super simple!
  • Once sauce has reduced and chicken has cooked through (about 10-15minutes) Toss with pasta, broccoli, and cheese.
  • Pour left over wine into glasses, and enjoy!

 Bon Apetito!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete