* 1 stick unsalted butter
* 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 3/4 cups sugar
* 4 large eggs
* 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cups solid-pack pumpkin
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan or dish.
2. Melt chocolate and butter- Either: in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring
occasionally until smooth. Or in a microwave safe dish, heating in 30 second intervals and stirring until melted and smooth.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
4.Beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy and well combined, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Divide batter between two medium bowls (about 2 cups per bowl). Stir chocolate mixture
into one bowl. In the other, stir in pumpkin, oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
7.Transfer half ofchocolate batter to prepared pan. Top with half of pumpkin batter. Repeat to make one more chocolate layer and one more pumpkin layer.
8. With a small spatula or knife, gently swirl the two batters.
9. Bake 40 to 45 minutes and let cool in pan on a wire rack.
Optional step 10: Brew a nice hot mug of pumpkin spice coffee and season with half and half and sugar. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice if you have it. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
ps. a VERY exciting blog post coming VERY soon, yay!!!
p.s.s motivational monday will return next monday :) lol