Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's the great pumpkin (cupcake) Charlie Brown!

Pin It
Pumpkin Cupcakes w/Maple Cinnamon Buttercream


Hello hello! I have been seriously slacking at posting lately. Not only has there been birthdays and other event's but I have had a lot more work and to top that I don't have my camera because my sister is borrowing it and she lives hours away so I haven't been able to take pictures of what I have been making. But, since I've been wanting to post these and people keep asking me to (I feel special when people ask me to post something particular, yay me lol)  i decided to use my little point and shot digital. It doesn't do these pumpkin cupcakes justice, but it will have to do.

*Side note*:We have been having some AMAZING October weather and I am loving it. I haven't been home this time of year in 2 years because I was always traveling, but I am just super excited about the changing weather. Normally I am a cry baby when summer leaves but not this time. I could just drive and drive to look at the scenery and although I hate how dark it is in the morning and evening I love the warm sunny afternoons. Its like a little present. Mother nature is rewarding me for waking up before the sun and freezing my toosh off by letting me soak up the warm sun through out the afternoon.

Ok, now that you are thinking that I'm a loony hippie getting all sappy about the weather I'll move on to more important business. My pumpkin cupcakes with maple cinnamon frosting!
If you remember I used the same frosting for the banana fosters cupcake. It goes even better with the spice of this cake. It's like biting into a piece of autumn! Really, it is!

I based my recipe off of Ina Garten's however I altered it to make mine slightly different. But I'm saving that for my secret recipe file, and you will NEVER know my secret.
Mu ha ha ha!!

But really Ina's are fantastic and I love this recipe and so will you.
I will leave you with her recipe and a snippet of The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, just because it fits & I love these movies.

Enjoy<3


Ina Garten's
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting
Makes 10-12 cupcakes 
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (8 ounces),
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Direction
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & line cupcake tins with foil or paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. In a larger bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined.
3. Divide the batter among the prepared tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
4. Top with maple cinnamon frosting.
 
Maple Cinnamon Frosting
  • 1 stick butter, softened.
  • 2-3 cups powdered sugar, to your preferance
  • 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon maple extract, or real maple syrup.
  • In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter until fluffy.
  1. Add the maple extract and cinnamon.
  2. Slowly add confectioners or powdered sugar into the bowl, 1/2 cup at a time and beating after each addition. Continue adding the sugar until you have a thick frosting of your preferred consistency.
 *If the frosting becomes too thick, add a tablespoon or more of half & half/milk to thin out.

No comments:

Post a Comment