Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
This ice cream is perfect for the fall and holidays. You can even make a creamy coffee drink by blending this in, or a good old milkshake with it. I prefer it with some whipped cream and extra cinnamon on top!
This is scrumptious and cozy despite it being freezing cold! It is however best enjoyed the day its made. If left in the freezer too long, say more than a few days, it gets a bit too icy and looses its creamy texture.
So just make sure your friends are over when making this.
Or that you are super bummed and in couch potato mode and need to just dive right in yourself.
Either one. lol.
Well you need to try this! It will change your view of pumpkin if you don't already like it, and if you do you will love it even more! Yay for pumpkins! Go hug a pumpkin for giving us this amazing flavor!
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
Makes about 1 quart
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream,
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, chilled
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 overflowing teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs melted butter
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- In small saucepan or pot with medium heat bring 1 1/2 cups cream and 1/2 cup brown sugar to low boil, stirring occasionally with whisk. Then remove from heat.
- While waiting for cream to boil, lightly beat egg yolks, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup brown sugar, salt, vanilla and spices together until smooth.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into hot cream mixture and stir. Bring custard mixture to a nice simmer over a medium-low heat for another 5 minutes, or until custard is thick and coats the back of your spoon.
- Next, fill a large bowl halfway full of ice water, place a medium size bowl inside, pour in pumpkin puree and gradually pour in hot custard mixture through a fine sieve. Whisk to combine
- Pour pumpkin custard into a seal-able bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Once refrigerated, pour pumpkin custard into an ice cream maker according to your manufacturers guidelines, usually 20-25 minutes.
- Within the last 5 minutes, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter and mix in food processor with 5 or 6 graham crackers. You can add a little brown sugar too if you want. Pulse a few times until it comes together.
- At the last 1-2 minutes pour into the ice cream machine, just barely allowing it to mix into the ice cream.
- Store in an airtight container in your freezer for a few days.
|Kay booger picking the perfect pumpkin <3|