Thursday, October 6, 2011

A truckload of cupcakes & a pot of delicious soup

Pin It

 Tortellini Soup


be there:)
Hello, hello! So if any of you have been stalking my facebook, haha ;), you have most likely see or read about my upcoming weekend of selling my cupcakes at the South Jersey Pumpkin Show. I was super excited when I was asked to be the featured cupcake stand at the event, but super nervous because it is my first time baking cupcakes in such a large quantity. It took me right up until today to decide how many I would make and what flavors I was going to use.
I have decided to go with just under 300 cupcakes, and about 75 of the lil cupcake poppers. It is a really busy event, however that does not mean everyone will be buying a cupcake. I also figured if I sell out I will just being pulling an all nighter Saturday to whip out a bunch more for Sunday. Anything for the cupcake lovers right?!
I have also been doing a ton of thinking and looking online on how to safely transport these buggers. I had originally planned on buying cupcake boxes because buying them in bulk is quite cheap but shipping is just  absurd. So scratch that. I have a few ideas I plan on doing and I will let you know how that goes on Monday! I will also have a list of recipes of the cupcakes I ended up making by then hopefully so come back Monday! And get baking by Tuesday!
For now I will leave you with a soup recipe, which I have been living off of this week, attempting to recover from a cold that just comes and goes whenever it pleases. UGHHH
I don't really even know if soup helps but it is easy on the stomach and filling and warm so I guess it just helps you from not going mad when you are sick. I don;t know but either way this soup is scrumptious and my mom has been making it for as long as I can remember and I have always loved it.
Speaking of my mama making this, she actually made this for me because I have been feeling so under the weather and down right dead. So credit goes out to her for this one!

Tortellini Soup
serves 6-8
  • 1 quart chicken stock, low sodium
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 a large onion, diced
  • 3 celery stalks, diced
  • 3 large carrots, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bag frozen tortellini of your choice
  • Salt and Pepper to taste *I use quite a bit of black pepper, it gives the soup a nice little kick*
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  1. In a large pot pour olive oil, onion, celery, carrots, and garlic and saute over medium heat until tender.
  2. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
  3. Once boiling add tortellini and salt and pepper, and basil.
  4. Boil according to directions on tortellini bag, but shorten the time slightly. *This will prevent the pasta from getting too mushy while sitting in the hot soup.*
  5. Remove from heat and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment