For now I will leave you with a soup recipe, which I have been living off of this week, attempting to recover from a cold that just comes and goes whenever it pleases. UGHHH
I don't really even know if soup helps but it is easy on the stomach and filling and warm so I guess it just helps you from not going mad when you are sick. I don;t know but either way this soup is scrumptious and my mom has been making it for as long as I can remember and I have always loved it.
Speaking of my mama making this, she actually made this for me because I have been feeling so under the weather and down right dead. So credit goes out to her for this one!
- Salt and Pepper to taste *I use quite a bit of black pepper, it gives the soup a nice little kick*
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large pot pour olive oil, onion, celery, carrots, and garlic and saute over medium heat until tender.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add tortellini and salt and pepper, and basil.
- Boil according to directions on tortellini bag, but shorten the time slightly. *This will prevent the pasta from getting too mushy while sitting in the hot soup.*
- Remove from heat and serve.